Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Book Review: The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber book cover and review
The Perfect Christmas is the finally the Christmas story I've been looking for.  (After two previous attempts -- see here and here.)

Cassie and her best friend Angie are looking for husbands. Cassie, in particular, wants to find the perfect man and have the perfect Christmas.  Angie suggests she enlist the help of a professional matchmaker, Simon, at a price of $36,000.  It's hefty, but Cassie is desperate, and there is a money back guarantee.

Simon is cold and off-putting, and Cassie tries desperately to break through his facade.  But she's after a husband and will put up with almost anything to meet Simon's pick for her.  And she does put up with a lot.

As in most of these types of stories, the reader can see where this is going.  And Angie is going to find someone too, and it's pretty obvious who that will be.  But that's all I'm saying. That's what is expected when you pick up a book like The Perfect Christmas.

The Perfect Christmas is a delightful, heartwarming, happy Christmas story that I crave every year.  Macomber's stories are always clean and appropriate for teens. This edition contains another story, Can This Be Christmas? that I didn't read. I have another Macomber Christmas story coming from the library, so if I have time, I'm going to read that one too!  I'm such a mushy romantic around Christmas!

Note: WOW.  I just realized I read and reviewed this in 2013.  I have no recollection of this story!  It is "fluff," and I don't read a lot of that. But that's never happened before.  I mean, I read a lot, but still...

Published by MIRA, 2016
Copy obtained from the library
187 pages

Rating:4/5





Back to Annette's Book Spot Homepage Copyright © 2017 Annette's Book Spot. All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. A delightful and heart warming book sounds good right now. I'm reading a Holocaust book while evacuated from the fire in Santa Barbara so it's feeling a little depressing around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh. Hope all is well. I'll be praying for you.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting! I LOVE comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...